Bluford N-Scale P&LE 70' 3-Bay Hoppers (Pre-Order)
Bluford#74120/21/24/25/27/28 Road #3989/3265/3542/3033/3107/3778
70 ton 3-Bay Offset Side Hoppers first appeared in the late
'20s and by the late '30s had become an AAR standard design with cars delivered
from a number of builders in large quantities. The last of these cars were
delivered in the late-'60s and many remained in service through the '80s.
Pittsburgh & Lake Erie was slow to adopt parent New York Central’s cigar
band logo but a version of it began to appear on these hoppers circa 1962.
Called the Little Giant, P&LE was just 233 miles long but was so busy they
required a fleet of 25,000 freight cars to keep their customers supplied.
That’s an astonishing 107 cars for every mile of mainline!
- Diecast slope
sheet-hopper bay-center sill assembly
- Injection molded plastic sides, ends,
and hopper doors
- Fully molded brake tank, valve and air lines
- Slope sheet
- Separately molded vertical brake rod and lever assembly; body mounted
brake hose detail
- Coal load
- Body mounted magnetically operating
- Close coupling; friction bearing or roller bearing trucks
- All road names are produced in multiple road
- Draft artwork is shown and is subject to improvement
- Six road numbers
Six road numbers - You must select road numbers!!
Pre-orders due 6/6/2022
Expected delivery second quarter 2023.
MSRP $32.95 NYCSHS Member Price $26.36 and that is 20% off MSRP.
Shipping is extra and Ohio residents pay 8% Ohio Sales Tax.